Monday 15 June 2009

Hi-score's retro rewind


I have started playing Mass Effect for the http://www.hi-score.co.uk/ feature Retro-Rewind. We will be playing a segment of the game a week and posting our thoughts on the forum. Now i haven't quite finished this weeks part but i felt i was close before i died. But i have till next Monday to do it so i am not in a rush. I will be blogging about it here and picking the relevant bits to post on the forum.




I just have to say that this game looks amazing and i can forgive the occasional drop in frame rate. The world that it is set in is huge as i found out when trying to find the planet we were supposed to be doing. I even had to ask Strybe (hi-score writer) for help. One thing that did bug me was Captain Anderson's voice, I was sure that i recognised it and it turns out it is the same person that voiced The Arbiter in Halo 2 & 3. I don't know about the other people playing this have noticed that the game really makes you dislike Saren form the start? At the moment I am installing Mass Effect to my hard drive hoping that it will speed up the loading times.



Till next time, and if i haven't broken my controller in frustration.


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment